Chronic knee pain
A Chronic knee pain is the painful sensation which last for a long time and recurs in either one or both the knees. Knee pain can cause pain, sensitivity and swelling as well. Knee pain can occur due to many causes.It exists commonly in case of old people. Moreover knee pain might be the result of an injury, such as a ruptured ligament or torn cartilage. Medical conditions — including arthritis, gout and infections, also can cause knee pain.
What are the causes of knee pain
Mainly there are two types of knee pain-Temporary knee pain and chronic knee pa. Temporary knee pain, as the name suggests, stays for sometimes and goes away with adequate medical treatments. The main factors responsible for the knee pain are accidents or some external injuries. The chronic knee pain, on the other hand, doesn’t only occur due to any accident or external injury. It can happen due to many physical and internal diseases. Some of the diseases that cause chronic knee pain are as follows:
It is the most common form of arthritis that generally occurs after middle age. It is characterized by chronic breakdown of cartilage in the joints which leads to severe pain, inflammation in the joint.
It is basically the inflammation of tendon. Tendon is the cord or band of elastic tissue connecting a muscle with its bony attachment. So, in tendinitis the person has pain in the front of the knee and it increases when he or she climbs stairs, run, or walk in inclined surface.
It is mainly the inflammation of bursa. Bursa on the other hand is a small fluid-filled sac located in between movable parts of the body, especially the joints. It can cause if you over use the affected knee and in case of any injury.
It is a painful inflammation of the knee caused by the defects in uric acid metabolism, resulting in deposits of the acid and its salt in the blood and joints.
A Baker’s cyst is caused when excess joint fluid is pushed into one of the small sacs of tissue behind the knee. When this sac fills with fluid and bulges out, it is called a cyst. It causes tightness or stiffness behind the knee. It too causes swelling behind the knee that makes a person difficult to stand erect.
Ligament is a band of tough fibrous tissues connecting bones or cartilages and supports muscles or organs. A sharp change in direction, landing wrong from a jump, or the most common is a blunt force hit to the knee, are some of the causes that helps tearing of ligament. The incident usually needs to happen at speed. Muscle weakness or incoordination predispose you to a ligament sprain or tear.
Osteosarcoma is a bone cancer that develops in the shinbone (tibia) near the knee; the thighbones (femur) near the knee or the upper arm bone (humerus) near the shoulder. It is the most common type of bone cancer in children. Osteosarcoma tends to develop during growth period of children to early adolescence. This may be because the risk of tumors increases during this period of rapid bone growth.
Factors that prevail chronic knee pain:
- Any repeated injuries on the structure of knee make it more prone to chronic long lasting pain.
- Sprains and strains
- Overuse of the knee tissues
- Any kind of infection
- Not warming up before working out
- Not properly cooling down after workouts
- Bad posture while sleeping or working out
- Improperly stretching the muscles
- If you are obese, there is a greater risk for knee problems. For every pound that you are overweight, your knee must absorb an extra 4 pounds of pressure when you walk, run, or climb stairs.
Now let’s discuss about back pain.
What is a chronic knee pain?
A chronic back pain is a serious ailment and affects majority of the population. Sometimes it starts with a dull, constant ache to sudden, sharp pain. Adequate precautions are really necessary to cure it. Back pains
Causes of chronic back pain:
The following are some of the causes of back pain. They are:
- Sudden accident or trauma
- Lifting a heavy object improperly
- Falling improperly or from a height
- Bone fractures
- Poor physical fitness and lack of exercises
- Scoliosis- It is an abnormal lateral curve of the vertebral column
- Spinal stenosis- It is the narrowing of the spinal canal, most often in the cervical (neck) area and in the lower back (lumbar) region. it causes inflammation in the spinal cord when there is any increase in pressure.
- Unsupportive footwear
- Stress and mental health
- Fibromyalgia- It is a group of common rheumatoid disorders. The symptoms are ache in the muscles, tenderness and stiffness of muscles.
- Heavy manual labor
- Osteomyelitis- It is an inflammation of bone and bone marrow caused by any bacterial infection.
- Spondylitis- It is the inflammation of spinal joint; characterized by pain and stiffness.
Is your back responsible for your knee pain?
Our back protects the nerves that drive the muscles around the knees. Hence, a problem with a nerve in your back can impact how those muscles work. Low-level nerve irritation usually isn’t noticed by patients as back or leg pain. It just causes the muscles to misfire; destroying the otherwise needed protection for the knee joint. If you have gone through a knee replacement and your back hurts after that, then the symptoms are due to knee.
There are many treatments that medical science has invented for the proper functioning of back and knee related problems. The procedures are too expensive and have adverse effects on other parts of the body too. I have a very unique and healthy potion in which you can eliminate the pain easily and without any side effects. You need to prepare a drink at home.
- 2 tablespoons organic gelatin
- 2 cups organic coconut milk
- 1 organic cucumber, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tbs raw organic honey
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (add a pinch of black pepper to boost its bioavailability)
Here’s what you need to do – just mix the ingredients and enjoy the recipe.
Health benefits of the ingredients:
Collagen is a residual product of boiling Gelatin. Collagen is a fibrous protein that connects muscles, bones, and skin in animals. The collagen becomes a flavorless, colorless substance called gelatin after processing. After gelatin cools, it has a jelly-like texture. Gelatin dissolves in water where as collagen doesn’t. Thus, it is used to make sauces, soaps, etc.
Merits of gelatin:
- Gelatin has amino acids. Amino acids are must needed because they are the compounds that combine to make proteins, and are essential for the proper functioning of various organs, as well as for providing energy.
While the human body makes some amino acids, most people need to get additional amino acids through their diet. The amino acids found in gelatin are also usually found in the bones and organs of certain animals. Since most people do not eat those parts of the animal, adding gelatin to a varied and nutritious diet may be beneficial.
- It is eaten as a bone broth or taken as a supplement to cure bone related issues.
- It is a protein provider for the body.
- It decreases joint pain and inflammation.
- Improves joint functions and cures osteoarthritis.
- Helps to control blood sugar levels
- It helps in strengthening bones. It helps the body to absorb calcium, which is also needed to keep the bones strong and prevent bone loss.
- Collagen is the glue that holds the joints and tendons together. Yet, our ability to produce collagen gets reduced over the years, as well as due to physical inactivity, dehydration, inadequate sleep, and stress.
- The loss of collagen is also indicated by stiff and painful legs. Therefore, by increasing the levels of collagen in the body, you will ease the function of joints and treat pain, and reduce osteoarthritis symptoms.
- Build the muscles and aids in losing fat
- Improves heart health and digestion
- Improves heart’s health
- Turmeric leads the list of natural alternatives to reduce joint pain and inflammation. Its anti-inflammatory properties help lessen the pain in bone disorders like arthritis. Although it acts as an antioxidant,which fights oxidative stress further leading to the degeneration of joints.
- Both Turmeric and ginger have anti-inflammatory as well as antioxidant properties. This home remedy for joints can help reduce pain and stiffness. It acts even better when combined with ginger. Combining these two powerful spices in one drink can give you numerous health benefits and relief from inflammation and pain.
This drink has proved efficient to cure knee and back pain. It is all natural and you can drink it twice a day to decrease inflammation.